FISHTOWN® 6-7-2 Natural Seafood Fertilizer Blend
As low as $8.74
Only %1 left
Natural Seafood Fertilizer Blend
- Available in 2.5 lb, 4 lb, and 35 lb bags
- An all-purpose fertilizer composed mainly of fish bone/ fish meal, shrimp and crab shell meals derived from the fresh cuttings of wild marine white fish species and shellfish originally harvested and processed for human consumption;
- 100 % natural fertilizer – contains no additives for processing or preservation;
- Registered for use in organic agriculture by the Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI)): pbj-15901;
- An excellent source of water insoluble, slow-release nitrogen, available phosphate, soluble potash, calcium, plus micronutrients essential for establishing fertile soils and growing healthy plants;
- Marine fish- and shellfish-derived nutrients and compounds are wonderful for vegetable and flower gardens, beds or containers, field crops, legumes, fruit-bearing trees, shrubs and hedges.
- New plants – fill your pots with a quality potting soil mixture. Mix 1 to 2 tbsp FISHTOWN® 6-7-2 per gal of soil, and slowly water it using steady stream of slightly warmed water. Allow the container to drain well before putting in the plant.
- Established plants – It is a must to fertilize vegetables and flowers as they grow. Mix 1 to 2 tbsp per gal of soil every 4 to 6 weeks.
- Newly established gardens and beds – apply 1 to 4 lb FISHTOWN® 6-7-2 per 100 sq ft, spread it evenly over the garden and work it into the top 3 to 4 inches of soil before rows are made.
- New transplants – generally, if gardens or beds have been fertilized with slow-release organic fertilizer 2 to 4 weeks prior, there is no need to do it again during transplanting. For plants with insatiable appetites, however, put 1 to 2 tablespoons in the planting hole at transplanting time and mix into the soil and water before dropping in the transplant.
- Established plants – generally, there is no need to side-dress quick maturing crops. However, heavy feeders and plants that take a long time to mature benefit from it. Side-dress 1 to 2 tablespoons around each individual plant and rake it into the soil, and water.
- Apply 500- 1,800 lb/ acre/ year and till into soil. Specific application rates depend on soil fertility and crop requirements.
Trees & Shrubs
- Young shrubs and trees – apply 7-14 lb per 100 sq ft of root spread area per year.
- Established shrubs and trees – apply 3.5-7 lb per 100 sq ft of root spread area per year.